Chippewa Valley Council, BSA
Youth Protection Training
Note: Effective September 1, 2017, Youth Protection Training will be required of all adults before they register as an adult in the Boy Scouts of America. When a paper adult application is turned in, it must have a paper Youth Protection completion certificate included with it. Adult Applications without a Youth Protection certificate will not be accepted.
To Access Youth Protection Training Online Follow These Steps:
1. Visit the web site my.scouting.org. The best browser to use is Google Chrome.
2. Create an account as a new user
Select “No” at the query “Do You Know Your Member No.?”
3. After creating an account you will receive an email notification with your account information, including
a member ID/reference number.
4. Upon logging in to my.scouting.org select the button on the right hand side of the screen –
Youth Protection Begins with You.
5. At the screen labeled “My Youth Protection Training” select “Youth Protection Training”.
6. You will be taken to a screen called ”Scouting U.” Below the “Become a Trained Leader” heading,
select Youth Protection Training
7. You will need to click the green Start button to begin
8. There are four modules in the training: Overview and Policies; Sexual Abuse; Bullying; and YPT
Certification Test. Each one will need to be clicked on individually to complete the training.
9. Youth Protection Training takes about 55 minutes to complete and includes some video content as well as some
questions to answer. The training begins with 7 minutes of video before a progress check occurs.
10. Progress checks continue to occur regularly. If a question is answered incorrectly you are able to re-answer.
11. One of the final steps to complete the training is to select your local Council. Select “Chippewa Valley Council - #637”.
12. To finalize your training type in your name. For unit number, type in your unit number or “CVC Volunteer”.
Select “Print Certificate”.
13. You will now be at a screen where a certificate can be printed.
14. To ensure you are recorded as Youth Protection trained, please submit your certificate in one of the
- Print a certificate and mail to the Scout Service Center.
- Print a certificate and deliver by hand to a member of the Council Staff.
- Take a screen shot and email to Catherine Keys, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Print as a pdf and email to Catherine Keys, email@example.com.
Note: Adult Applications for new registrants to the Boy Scouts of America should have their Youth Protection
certificate included with.
15. Once you have printed or saved your certificate, you have completed Youth Protection Training.