|Cub Scout Camp Pre-planning
Pre-planning keeps everyone on track!
- Read the Leader’s Guide!
- Have visitors from your District Camp Presentation Team share information about the adventure of Cub World. Contact the Service Center at 715-832-6671 to schedule a presentation.
- Have your parents choose dates to attend camp.
- Submit your $100 Deposit to reserve your Pack’s spot using the following form: Reservation Form
- Complete Campership forms (Financial Assistance) if needed, and submit as soon as possible to the Scout Service Center.
- Collect deposit payments due by April 1st ($35.00 per Scout - non-refundable).
- Visit or call parents with Cub Scouts not registered for camp.
- Distribute Annual BSA Health and Medical Record, Parts A & B (health forms) and set a date that they are due (at least a month before Camp)
- Deposit payment of $35.00 per Cub Scout is due at Scout Service Center. Please submit one check from your unit to cover the total deposit. Only submit deposits for those Scouts that you KNOW are going to be attending camp - these deposits are non-refundable. You can always add a Scout later.
A Month Before Attending Cub World
- Final camp payment is due at Scout Service Center. Please submit one check from your unit to cover the total payment. Chippewa Valley Council Units Only—remember that when computing the fees owed, all discounts must be subtracted before the Gold Card applies. Gold Card is NOT valid for camp fees after June 1st.
- Final roster, including the names and gender of all adults who are attending, must be submitted with the final payment. Please include the grade the Scout will be attending in the Fall of 2018.
- Collect health forms, Part A and B, from ALL Cub Scouts and adults. Make sure they are dated and signed properly. Submit a COPY (not originals) of each health form for each Cub Scout and adult attending camp to the Scout Service Center when making final payment. No one is allowed to stay at Camp without a completed health form. Health forms not submitted to the Scout Service Center must be brought to Cub World with your Pack.
The Day You Arrive at Cub World
- Send out final camp notice to parents.
- Have your Pack discuss what to take to camp.
What to Bring to Camp
- Bring ALL original health forms to camp and any copies that you have not sent in. You will be keeping your originals. Please have them in a binder or envelope. We will need copies of those health forms not submitted to the Scout Service Center. Copies WILL NOT be returned to you.
- Bring two copies of your final roster.
- Collect and label all medications in original containers and either bring a secure box to maintain them in your cabin or you will be able to check one out from the medical officer.
- Sweat shirt and jacket
- Jeans and shorts (more than one pair)
- Hat, cap, raincoat
- Underwear and socks
- Tennis shoes/boots (more than one if possible)
- Sleep wear
- Uniform (class A’s)
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Sun screen
- Bug spray (non-aerosol)
- Flashlight and batteries
- Fishing gear (optional)
- Backpack (optional)