|Boy Scout Camp
New Programs in 2017
- 10 new merit badges being offered
- Over 40 merit badges offered
- New rotational merit badge schedule
- New docks in campsites and program areas
- New permanent primitive campsite
- Revamped High 5 Program
Merit Badge Program
The Camp Phillips merit badge program uses an open concept designed to allow a Scout to schedule the merit badges he wants to work on while offering time to go on a hike or play a game...to have fun, without missing a scheduled class. This program also allows a Scout to go at his own pace, whether that is three merit badges a day or one in a week. Scoutmasters are encouraged to monitor the progress of each of their Scouts. The responsibility for successful merit badge completion rests with the camp staff, the Scoutmaster and the Scout.
Are You New To Camp Phillips?
- Each campsite has multiple cabins with four bunks. Every site has a pavilion. A majority of the campsites overlook one of the five lakes, and all have rowboats for units to use throughout the week.
- A tenting campsite is available if your Troop would prefer a tenting option.
- Units cook in their campsites Wednesday evening, so bring cooking equipment and personal mess kits.
- The health forms you turn in will remain at camp after you leave. Please provide copies during check-in and retain originals.
- Swim checks are done upon arrival at camp in Round Lake, one of the five lakes on the property. There are no pool facility or pre-camp swim checks allowed.
- Advancement instruction starts on the time given on page 32 of the Leader's Guide and ends 10 minutes prior to the listed ending time. Merit badges meet Monday through Friday.
- If you have youth who needed to be called out for the Order of the Arrow please review the instructions on page 36 of the Leader's Guide.
The Scouting program provides many opportunities for Scouts to learn new skills and take part in terrific adventures. From C.O.P.E. and climbing to aquatics and boating, your camp experience will definitely be one you will never forget! Take a look at the following page for more information about each area: Program Areas